Saturday, June 21, 2008

Two more film strip cards

I misspoke yesterday when I said I showed you 6 of the 12 cards from the kid birthday stamp-a-stack. I actually showed you 7 -- I forgot the zoofari film strip card that I posted quite a while ago. Well, obviously I needed two more film strip cards for the class (to keep with the 3 cards from one sketch theme) and here they are.

For the first card I started with a soft sky base and a east coast prep designer paper mat. I added a strip of basic black card stock that I punched with the spiral punch to resemble a film strip. Then I took my 3 panels of whisper white and started stamping. The top and bottom panels were filled with kids and animals from the All in the Family set. This is such a cute set -- I don't know why I haven;t used it sooner! I don't yet own the accessories for this set, so for the center panel I needed another image that would scream "Birthday" and what better image than the cake from Fun and Fast notes? All images were stamped with black stazon ink and then I used my blender pen ans soft sky, wild wasabi, more mustard, creamy caramel and blush blossom inks to color the images. I attached the images to the basic black strip to finish my "film" strip. I used my stampin' write basic black marker to ink up just the "birthday wishes" portion of the sentiment from fun and fast notes and stamped it on whisper white, then punched it out with the small oval punch making sure that the words were as far to the left as possible. I punched a large oval from basic black card stock, and place the white oval on top to see where I needed to make the cut so that both would be even with the edge of the designer paper. Once the ovals were cut I attached the black oval to the card front, edged the whisper white oval with my more mustard stampin' write marker and attached it over the black oval with a dimensional.

My third film strip card was inspired by Nikki Bond. Recently she made a similar card featuring the animals from the Pun Fun set (see Nikki's card here). With Nikki's permission I copied the idea for my stamp-a-stack. I only change the card up a little bit -- moved the animals around and changed the colors to match my designer paper. The construction was pretty much the same as for the other film strip card except I used full strength stampin' write markers in Sahara sand, rose red, bashful blue, certainly celery, basic gray and so saffron to color the animals, used a Pun Fun sentiment, punched it out with the word window punch and edged it with the certainly celery stampin' write marker. Thanks for the inspiration, Nikki! The punny animals love being film stars!

3 comments:

Liz S. said...

Adorable, as usual! Thanks!

Nikki Bond said...

This turned out wonderful Diane! I love the DP you used! Very cute!!! So you know...I've finally figured out feeds so I'm unsubscribing from email and putting you in my feed....I don't want to miss one single post! {SMILES}

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of the film strip - nice job! :)