Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Wishing on an eyelash

Did you ever wish on eyelashes? You know -- you find a stray eyelash, place it on the tip of your finger, close your eyes, make a wish and blow? And then, if the eyelash is gone when you open your eyes your wish will come true! I used to do that all the time when I was little. Not so much anymore, but it's a fun memory.

So why am I talking about eyelashes and wishes? Well, because tonight I happened to think of another way to use the grosgrain fringe (see yesterday's post for the tutorial). That's right, eyelashes.

I can't take the credit for the pick-a-petal guy -- he was inspired by numerous cards I saw on SCS (and, by the way, how clever was the person who first thought to use the pick a petal set to make this face? That's what I call real creativity!) I can take credit for his fringe eyelashes made out of our narrow basic black grosgrain. I love the way they turned out! It was a little hard to glue them in place, but nothing crystal effects couldn't handle.

I'm having fun with the whole fringe thing. Next I'm going to try the zebra mane idea that was suggested by Kathy in a comment to yesterday's post. That's pretty clever too!

Anyway, here's a recipe for this card:

stamps: pick a petal, birthday hugs and wishes
ink: basic black, real red, bashful blue
paper: bashful blue, certainly celery, real red, whisper white, basic black, summer picnic designer series paper
accessories: 1/4" circle punch, basic black narrow grosgrain ribbon, crystal effects

3 comments:

Holly Young said...

Oh Diane, this card is priceless! Very funny and cute!

Holly
hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com

Liz S. said...

Diane, this is wonderful! (Now when we find an eyelash, we try to glue it back in, right?!)

Jules said...

This is adorable!!! Great idea for eyelashes!!!