Monday, June 2, 2008

wheely scrappy!

This was a fun card to put together! Very quick and very easy and, best of all, a great way to use up some scraps! And it uses one of my all-time favorite, most reliable color combinations.

I started with some 1x4" strip of card stock in certainly celery, so saffron, and tempting turquoise. I wheeled all three of them using he watercolor wheel and versamark ink, and then arranged them in a row on a left side of a naturals white card base.

Next I used my regal rose, so safron and certainly celery markers to ink up the flowers from the Close as a Memory set, stamped the flowers on naturals white cards tock and punched them out using the 1 1/4" circle punch. I added a 1 3/8" circle mat of tempting turquoise and a scalloped circle mat of regal rose, and added the medallion to the front of the card. Finally I stamped the sentiment form Much Appreciated in the lower right hadn corner with tempting turquoise ink and I was done.

Like I said, quick and easy, and wheely scrappy too!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

wheely scrappy is wheely cute!!!

:)

Anonymous said...

This simplicity of this card is so pretty! I love anything that helps me use up my endless card stock scraps:)