Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wheely Elegant Borders

I apologize for the bad photo tonight but for some reason I could not get the right angle to stop the flash from bouncing off the embossing on this card. Even with the bad photo, though, I think you can see the general idea.

This is another card we'll be stamping at the "You Spin Me 'Round" wheel techniques class June 14. For this card I used only 1 wheel (Baroque), 1 stamp set (sincere salutations), 1 ink (versamark) and 2 card stocks (naturals white and brushed silver).

The only "trick" to this card is using the wheel guide to create a wheeled border with mitered corners, so that the break in the pattern of the border is not as obvious. The card looks really elegant in real life and no one would ever guess that so few materials were used to create it! It's just another example of the versatility of the Stampin' Up! wheels.

If you'd like to learn how to stamp this and other wheeled cards come to my class on Saturday, June 14, 10:00 a.m.- noon in Itasca, IL. The cost of the class is $15.00 to make 4 different projects using various wheel techniques. I promise it will be wheely fun! Registration and payment is due on or before June 9. To register e-mail me at stampwithdiane@comcast.net or call me at 847-452-8285.

5 comments:

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

This is really elegant and gorgeous.

Sharon said...

Beautiful, Diane. What a lovely wedding or anniversary card.

Elizabeth said...

I was going to do a card just like that for convention! lovely stuff! would make a great elegant Christmas card as well with the right colors!

Liz

Diane said...

Very elegant Diane!!!

Liz S. said...

It's beautiful! What a great idea!! I've got that wheel guide! Thank you for sharing! (And your photo is great!)