Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Taken with White Wasabi card

It's been a really long time since I did a challenge on SCS, but today's color challenge looked particularly though so I decided to give it a go. The challenge was to make a card using the following three colors: wild wasabi, tempting turquoise, and whisper white. Now that's a color combination I never would have come up with on my own!

I started with a wild wasabi base and almost immediately reached for the taken with teal and white designer paper from the Bali Breeze assortment. Since that pattern looks very stitched, I naturally reached for the stitched exotics stamp set next. I stamped the greenery first, using the stamping off technique for the lighter leaves. I then stamped the five petal flower twice, the first time using full strength and the second time stamping off. I trimmed out the full strength flower by hand and punched the light flower with my 5 petal flower punch. I used 2 way glue to add some glitter to the bottom flower. I layered the two flowers together and added a 1/2" circle center punched out from another designer paper from the Bali Breeze assortment.

I added a wild wasabi mat to the main image and then ran a a piece of taken with teal card stock though the paper crimper in both directions. I made a faux knot with whisper white taffeta ribbon and added a square teal rhinestone in the center, then wrapped the ribbon around the waffled taken with teal piece, before adhering the whole thing to the front of the card. I attached the main image with dimensionals and the challenge was complete.

6 comments:

Diane said...

It looks fab Diane!!! I wouldn't of thought of that combo either but
it really looks great! Love the rhinestone in your knot!!!

Holly Young said...

Really nice Diane! I especially like the way you did the ribbon.

Holly
hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com

katemade designs said...

This is gorgeous. I love the greenery. This is a combo and layout I would never have thought of but now that you have I may be borrowing your ideas.

Stampin_Melissa said...

Lovely! Not a combo I would have thought of myself but it is comforting. Strange to think of colors that way perhaps, but I like them!

szbacn1 said...

Diane- This card is gorgeous! You are a very talented stamper and designer... but then we (SISers) know that already! You go, girl! Susan Zbacnik

Anonymous said...

That's a tricky combo - you did a great job with it!