Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sunday Pillow Case Challege

I knew it was going to be a busy weekend for me so I cheated a little and stamped my Sunday Pillow CASE challenge card in advance this week. Sorry! Here is what the final product looks like. I wouldn't necessarily call it a finished product, because it still needs a sentiment, but I decided not to add a sentiment until had a specific use for the card, so it's as final as it's going to get for now.

The funniest thing about this card? Very little stamping. In fact, before I stamped the star from starstruck on ruby red card stock in night of navy ink, there was no stamping on the entire card! Shocking, I know!

Anyway, you will probably agree that the pillows I used as my inspiration (I think they were in the JC Penney ad, but I can't be sure) were not exactly long on details. If I wanted to stay completely faithful to the design, there would be no stamping on the card but,let me tell you, without those ruby red stars this card was bo-ring! As a stamper you have to use your creative license when it comes to these things, so I added the ruby red stars and the whole card perked up a bit. It's not a masterpiece by any stretch, but I still like it.

So what about you? Ready to start pillow CASEing yet? Just use the photo posted here or any other pillow as a jumping off point for your card design! Have fun and happy Sunday!

No comments: