Friday, June 20, 2008

Two more kid cards!

Two more tonight and more to come. I've only shown you 6 so far, after all, and there will be 12 to make at the Stamp-a-Stack tomorrow.

Anyway, tonight's cards are made using the same sketch as yesterday's Zebra. It's a fun and versatile little sketch -- I'm sure I've used it on some cards before. What I especially liked about these three cards is that I got to use the three wide striped ribbons that come in the various ribbon originals collections. I definitely have not used the set enough -- you'll probably see a lot more ribbon originals on my cards after I get done with the kid cards.

The first card uses one of my favorite sets -- the Older and Wiser Level 3 hostess set. I love this monkey and the whole set and I am so glad I was able to get it and stamp with it before it retires in August. It's adorable!

I stamped the monkey in basic brown on whisper white card stock. I colored his hands and face with creamy caramel marker, his parachute with mellow moss marker, his pant and collar with brocade blue marker and his shirt with so saffron marker. I stamped the second part of the sentiment at the bottom with basic brown ink (of course I custom mounted my set, so the bottom sentiment can be used alone if I want) and added some moss gingham ribbon in between. I added a creamy caramel mat and a wide brocade blue striped ribbon tab attached with two brocade blue brads. I took a mellow moss base, added a strip of brocade blue, layered a strip of the argyle prints so saffron designer paper, and then attached the main stamped image over the top with a couple of dimensionals.

For the second card I used my Pun Fun set. This set is so cute! Unfortunately I've been too busy to really play with it, so I was very glad to have this excuse to take it out and finally make some cards.

I stamped the rocket and the "you're a blast" sentiment in basic black at the top of my whisper white piece of card stock, and added the happy birthday sentiment from Older and Wiser at the bottom. I colored the rocket using stampin' write markers in certainly celery, bashful blue, so saffron and rose red. Then I tied some bashful blue gingham ribbonbetween the top image and bottom sentiment, addeda rose red mat and a wideso saffron striped ribbon tab attached with two bashful blue brads.
I attached a strip of the cutie pie designer paper to a certainly celery base and attached the stamped image over the top with dimensionals.

And there you have it. Two more cards. I have to admit that I'm enjoying the challenge of coming up with different cards using the same sketch. It always amazes me how different cards can look even when one element (such as layout) is exactly the same. Don't believe me? Try it for yourself! Find a sketch you like and make three totally different cards using that sketch. You'll see for yourself how much fun it really is!

1 comment:

Holly Young said...

These are really cute cards Diane!

Holly
hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com