Saturday, April 7, 2007

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! Today will be a day filled with family, fun and food. My DH and I will be visiting both of our families and having traditional Polish and Greek feasts. Yum! Since I probably will be too stuffed tonight to post, I thought I would upload the two Easter cards I stamped for this year's hostesses -- my aunt Barb and my MIL.


The first card is stamped with the bunny from A New Little Someone -- one of the sets I won in Glenda's drawing. I watercolored the bunny gray, but gave him festive pads and bow and gave him a couple of eggs to watch over. Isn't he just the perfect Easter bunny?

The second card uses the fat chef from the Voila set. I fell in love with this set from the moment I saw it in the Idea Book and Catalog in July. I love how versatile it is, especially when you combine it with the loads of love and loads of love accessories sets. On this card I used the eggs from loads of love accessories and stamped them on the chef's tray. the plate cover is stamped on brushed silver card stock and attached with a brad so you can swing it closed or open, to reveal the eggs. The Happy Easter sentiment is actually stamped using the "happy harvest" stamp from loads of love accessories and the stamp-a-ma-jig. It took a little while to line up the letters perfectly, but I think it worked!
So happy Easter and if you have a chance, let me know what you think of these cards.
Also, have you listened to any of the songs yet? I'm dying to know what you think!

No comments: