Sunday, April 1, 2007

Stampin' Nirvana



Oh my gosh -- what a day! I stamped almost the entire day! First, at the SCS shoebox swap (9 a.m. - 4 p.m.) and then at Glenda's boot camp graduation celebration (6:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.) I'm totally wiped, so this is going to be a very short post, but tomorrow and for the rest of the week I will have some awesome pictures to show you!

In the meantime, this is the original design for the shoebox swap. I actually changed the design a little, changing the salutation and the direction of the flower. I Will post the revise version as well, either tomorrow or Monday. The card uses confetti white, rose red, tempting turquoise, certainly celery and so saffron card stock. It also uses rose red, tempting turquoise, certainly celery and so saffron ink, blender pen, square steps corner punch, 1/16" handheld circle punch, gold brads and dimensionals. The technique used is called colorblocking -- using blocks of different color card stock to create the background. I think it's the first time I ever designed a card using this technique. As I mentioned yesterday, I think it turned out OK, but not as impressive as I would like. I think it would have been perfect if I could have added some glitter to the center of the flower, but we couldn't use glitter at the swap. Anyway, If you have any thoughts, feel free to leave a comment.

No comments: