Sunday, December 21, 2008

Still more flurries



OK, OK. I admit it. The felt flurries are definitely my favorite accessory this season and probably my favorite item in the holiday mini (and considering how much stuff I purchased from this mini, that's really saying something!)

For tonight's card I wanted to use up a 6x4" piece of ski slope designer paper. I trimmed it down to 4x5.25, but I didn't just want to throw the left over strip into my scrap pile to wait who knows how long to get used up. On the other hand, I also didn't want to simply run it across the 4" length of the designer paper. Not that this is a bad look -- just not what I was looking for tonight. So I came up with this layout as a compromise. I used a strip of the baja breeze double stitched grosgrain ribbon as a layer on top of the designer paper, running horizontally about 4" from one edge of the card. I added the reverse side of the designer paper strip (I trimmed it down a little so that the design would look more symmetrical) on to p of the ribbon. At the end of the ribbon strip I attached a riding hood red felt flurry and I added a baja breeze felt flurry on top of that.

To keep the card simple I just stamped the sentiment from the Snow Swirled set stamped in chocolate chip directly on top of the designer paper. To finish the card I attached the whole thing to a baja breeze card base.

Hint: If you wanted to create a similar look but did not have the double stitched baja breeze ribbon, you could just use a strip of baja breeze card stock and add faux stitches with a white signo gel pen.