Friday, December 12, 2008

Photo pencil caddy

This is another craft fair project. Back in the spring I found these cool photo cube pencil caddies. They each have spaces for 4 photos and each came with 6 pencils and 6 note cards and envelopes. Originally I was going to cover them with Stampin' Up! designer paper, but after I packed them in a box i forgot about them until just this week. With no time to cover them in designer paper I was going to hold on to them for another year, until my mom pointed out that the design on the caddies is actually perfect for Christmas as is.

Of course mom is absolutely right, so this became a super easy alteration project. I just stamped some images to put in the photo holders (in this case I used very vanilla card stock, night of navy ink and the skating couple image from the Christmas Post set) and wrapped the caddy with more wired ribbon. Wow, that was easy!

This is what the caddy looks like from the side.

I think these would make a very elegant gift for a teacher, co-worker or friend. The recipient can keep the stamped images in or replace them with photos.

And it just goes to show that we should always be on the lookout for ready-made items that would be really easy to customize with just a bit of stamping and turn into sort of a store-bought/hand made hybrid.

Tomorrow I'll show you another project we made specifically with teachers in mind.

No comments: