Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A cup of winter cheer



I know a couple of days ago I said I would show you the cute projects that Glenda designed as make and takes from our Christmas party using the new Stampin' Up! Valentine's Day bundle, but that was before I remember that due to new Stampin' Up! rules I'm not actually allowed to show you these projects before December 23. Sorry! I didn't mean to tease.

Then, to make things worse, I didn't post anything last night with no explanation. Sorry again! Last night we had a blizzard in Chicago which resulted in a 4.5 hour commute home, only to be greeted by a broken thermostat which, of course, had to be replaced last night. Needless to say I wasn't in much of a mood to stamp last night.

One good thing came out of that long ride home, however. At one point I had to pull over to use a rest room, and the only place available was Boston Market. Since I was stopping anyway and since it was dinner time, I purchased some sustenance for the road. And I couldn't believe it when I saw the drink cup. Was Boston Market channeling Stampin' Up! or what?

Well, of course I had to use that cup as an inspiration for a card -- you can find it in the photo. Mostly I used the little felt flurries in riding hood red and baja breeze on very vanilla card stock, but I also used two stamps form the punches three level 1 hostess set. First I stamped the oval in riding hood red on very vanilla. Then I stamped the scalloped square Christmas greeting, trimmed out just the greeting and place it over the baby sentiment on the oval image.

I think the card came out pretty well -- definitely reminiscent of the cup.

1 comment:

Kathynruss said...

Finally, a great idea on how to use the oval image but not the baby sentiment! Coooool! TYFS