Saturday, December 6, 2008

Decor Elements Candy Jar

Tomorrow is our annual neighborhood Holiday brunch. Each year the families from out block take turns hosting and everyone brings their favorite food to share. It's a lot of fun!

This year I decided to make a gift for the hosts (something a little different form the last-minute bottle of wine we typically bring). I found this cool candy jar at Wal-Mart and I just knew that I could do something fun with it. I started by adhering the small Jingle All The Way home decor element to the lid. It was just the perfect size! Then I wrapped a piece of 5/8" real red grosgrain around the edge of the lid and tied a bow around that using the red gingham ribbon.

On the sides of the jar I wanted to continue the "jingle all the way" theme, so I stamped the image form the Sleigh Bells Ring set with the white stazon ink on each side of the jar. To make sure the image was visible, I used my coluzzle to cut out 2 circles from real red patterns paper (available only in the Level 1 Hostess paper sampler). I then attached the circles on the inside of the jar -- one on each side -- using mini glue dots.


After that I just had to fill the jar with peppermint candy to complete the gift. I love the way it turned out and I hope this year's brunch hosts will like it as well!

No comments: