Sunday, December 14, 2008

Flurry Greetings


Just a quick card tonight -- all I had time for between a couple of holiday events.

I started with a 3x3" piece of ski slope designer series paper left over from another project. Rather than use it whole, I decided to cut it into 4 1.5" squares. I mounted these with the stripes in different orientations on a 3 3/8" piece of old olive card stock.

Next I assembled a layered snowflakes using the felt flurries from the holiday mini catalog and securing them together with a silver brad. I attached the snowflakes to the designer paper with a mini glue dot.

I took a piece of confetti white card stock and used it as a card base. I wrapped some baja breeze double stitched ribbon around the card base and knotted it in front with the knot on the right hand side. I attached the old olive card stock to the card base with dimensionals on the left hand side. As a last step I stamped the greeting form Sincere Salutations in the card base in Old Olive ink.

If I could change one thing about this card it would be to emboss the greeting in old olive, rather than just stamping it in classic ink. All in all, though, I think it turned out all right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diane,

I just love this card!!! I might have to go make one! I'm still making my cards and taking a quick break before heading back downstairs to the frozen basement!! HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY!

Elizabeth said...

I think it's super cute!! :)