Monday, September 8, 2008

Pocket Silhouettes

I'm still playing with my polished stone technique, but this time I broke out a new stamp set -- pocket silhouettes. I actually had to borrow this set from my friend Liz, because my set is not here yet and I knew it would just be perfect to use on the technique card for tomorrow's class.

For this card I started with a piece of glossy white card stock and a rubbing alcohol soaked cotton ball onto which I drooped one drop each of so saffron, sage shadow and baja breeze. I used the cotton ball to make the background and, after it dried, stamped my sentiment with chocolate chip ink. When it was dry I punched it out with my word window punch and used my paper cutter to get a straight edge so i could use the remaining background for my main image. I then stamped the two sets of silhouettes, one in chocolate chip and the other in old olive ink. I love the way this turned out!

I added chocolate chip and so saffron mats to the main image and then a larger mat from Windsor Knot designer series paper where I rounded the corners. I layered the sentiment onto a small chocolate chip oval and large so saffron oval and, finally, onto a wide oval punched out of the Windsor knot paper. I used my 1/16" handheld hole punch and inserted old olive brads through all the layers.

I took a sage shadow base and added a wide strip of chocolate chip card stock which I tore down both long sides. I ran a piece of the new so saffron poly twill ribbon down the center of the chocolate chip strip. Then I added the image and the sentiment to complete the card.

At the class we'll just make the main image panel, but I'm glad I made this card because it really shows off how you can take a stamp set with fairly small images and use it to make a full size card! So cute! And the pocket Silhouettes set is on sale for 15% off through the end of this month! Make sure you don't miss out on this great deal!

No comments: