Sunday, September 21, 2008

More Decor Elements

One more non-stamped project before we return to regular programming tomorrow. This time I wanted to show you the area above the range in my kitchen which I decorated with Stampin' Up! Decor Elements. When we remodeled our kitchen 2 years ago the original idea was to tile the back splash and the area above the range, but in order to save money we (and by we I mean my DH) were going to do the tiling ourselves. Now two years have gone by and, as you can see, still no tiles, so when the Decor Elements line came out I knew these would be a perfect non-permanent way to create a decorative focal point without breaking the bank.

To create this look I purchased the Baroque Medallions and 2 packs of the Flourishes Decor Elements. I only used the square medallion and the vines from the sets I purchased, which means I still have the round medallion plus 6 flowers to use elsewhere in the house.

I think the decor elements were perfect for this application because the area above the range no longer feels so bare but, at the same time, the decoration does not distract from the range hood , which is the real focal point of our kitchen. The swirly vines also mimic the grape motif that was used on the range hood and is duplicated elsewhere in the kitchen. And the best thing was these were super easy and quick to apply! Talk about instant gratification!

You can purchase various Decor Elements images and phrases from our Phase 1 brochure right now. As I mentioned yesterday, you can also purchase the Spooky Spider Decor Element. And, starting October 1, you will be able to purchase even more Decor elements including new fun images and phrases, seasonal decor for Thanksgiving and Christmas, two-step Decor Elements and images in more colors!

No comments: