Friday, September 5, 2008

Eastern Pillow CASE

This was just a little too easy and obvious, but I was tired and not feeling particularly creative tonight, so I went with it anyway.

The card was totally inspired by a bedding set I saw in a Target flyer a few weeks ago (see second photo). I loved the design and then loved the target TV commercial that featured this bedding. You might have seen it if you watched the Olympic Games - it was only on about a million times -- the one with the two girls furnishing their obscenely large dorm room. Besides the bedding, I really liked the song used in that commercial. On occasion I'll still sing "Whoop Whoop" out of the blue for no good reason. ;-)

Anyway, to make this card I first stamped the blossom branch from the Eastern Elegance set in versamark on glossy white card stock. I then filled in the centers over the versamark with my chocolate chip stampin' write marker. I actually should have left more of them blank, but by the time I realized this it was too late.

Anyway, I embossed the branch with clear embossing powder. Then I stamped the bamboo branch from the Embrace Life set with certainly celery craft ink. I tried to wipe off the ink where it overlapped the embossed blossom branch, sometimes doing a better job than others. Then I heat embossed this too with clear embossing powder. then I brayered on chocolate chip ink. Obviously the embossed images resisted the chocolate chip ink and I was able to wipe it right off the embossed parts with a tissue.

Then I just added a certainly celery mat and some chocolate chip 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, a pink pirouette mat with a scalloped edge on the bottom, a chocolate chip mat and a certainly celery base.

And there you go. Proving once again that inspiration is all around!
So go on out there and find your own pillow to CASE! And come back tomorrow for . . . even I don't know! We'll see what mood strikes after I clean the stamp room.

No comments: