Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hostess Set fun

I needed a quick card tonight so I turned to two sets that I really haven't utilized to their best advantage yet -- the Organic Grace and Best Yet level 1 hostess sets (both on page 18 of the fall-winter idea Book & Catalog).

I just love the images in the Organic Grace set. They're detailed enough to look gorgeous stamped in a single color, so you can put lovely cards together in a hurry. For this card I simply stamped the fern image in garden green ink on very vanilla card stock, sponged the edge of the card stock with so saffron ink, and layered the very vanilla card stock first on certainly celery and then on garden green card stock.

I used garden green for the card base. I made a faux knot with my 5/8" wide certainly celery grosgrain and attached it to a back of a so saffron mat, which I attached to the card front. Then I stamped the greeting from the Best Yet set in garden green ink on the so saffron mat. Finally, I attached the layered stamped image to the card base with a couple of dimensionals.

No comments: