Sunday, May 11, 2008

Pillow CASE Sunday Challenge

I had just a little too much fun making that card based on a toss pillow earlier this week, so I decided I had to do it again. And I'm actually thinking about making it a regular feature, at least for a little while. And I'd absolutely love it if you would join in -- there are lots of inspiring pillows out there!

Take this "lakeview" bedding from Nautica that I found in the Bed Bath and Beyond flyer. There are lots of pillows worth CASEing in that shot. In fact, I think I may revisit this photo somewhere down the road. But tonight I only made one card. Can you guess which pillow I copied?

If you guessed the Navy, green and white striped sham on the right you were correct! (Funny thing about this set -- if you look closely at those two shams, they're not exactly alike, which is unusual and kind of cool!)
Anyway, I once again saw this pattern as a great way to use my scrap strips of card stock, so I just copied the patterns on the pillow as closely as possible (I had to vary it a little) with strips of certainly celery, bashful blue and whisper white card stock. I also added a bit of always artichoke narrow grosgrain ribbon just for a little bit of texture and interest.

I had a hard time coming up with the right sentiment for this card. Choosing the sentiment was as much about the font as it was about the greeting. I finally settled on many happy returns (form the many Happy Returns set) and accented it with the little strip of hash marks. Both were stamped in versamark and embossed with white embossing powder. I liked the simplicity of the greeting and the font, and I thought the hash mark striped nicely mirrored the color stripes on the card.

(By the way, I've really enjoyed using my custom mounted Many Happy Returns set. Separating all of the sentiments and images does make them more versatile and easier to use. If yuo'd like to read more about how I custom mounted this set click here.)

So now I re-issue my challenge from Monday. Go out and find your own pillow inspiration. It's Sunday so there are lots of ad flyers in the paper and one of them is bound to have the pillow that inspires you! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe...loving the pillow CASE! I haven't had a chance yet to try this one tho...