Friday, May 30, 2008

Mixed Media

Remember last week's pillow CASE challenge? Today's card is not so much a CASE as an inspiration. I really had no intention of stamping another card based on that lovely bedding ensemble, but as I was cleaning my craft center today I found some pictures that I took a couple of years ago intending to incorporate them into cards. Well, I obviously didn't make the cards two years ago, but looking at this photo made me think of last Sunday's card and I knew I would have to make another.

Because the main image is a photograph, it was a really simple card. first I stamped the green galore card base with a stamp from Boho Backgrounds in craft white ink. Then I added a whisper white and pretty in pink mats to the photo and attached the whole thing to the card front. Last I stamped the sentiment from All Holidays in pretty in pink on whisper white card stock, punched it out with a small oval punch, added a large oval pretty in pink mat and attached it to the card front.

Super simple and a bit unusual for me, but sometimes it's good to mix things up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks great Diane, also great idea to use a great photo like this.
Karen