Tuesday, May 6, 2008

On Board Scrap Centerpiece for Dad

I am having just too much fun playing with my On-Board Book basics. Today I finished a sample project for a Mommy and Me class we'll be doing on Saturday, May 31 from 9:00-11:00 a.m. We will make three projects in class -- a clear envelope album, a father's day card and this chipboard centerpiece made with one of the large On Board Book Basics.

Before I get to the other details of the project, I have to tell you that I take absolutely no credit for the idea of using covered binder clips as "feet" for this centerpiece. I found it on -line on SCS and I'm pretty sure the person who cam e up with was another SU demo, Staci. If anyone knows for sure leave a comment and I will modify the post to give proper credit. In any case, isn't this brilliant? Who ever would have thought to use these binder clips as feet?

As you can see from the two pictures, I covered both sides of the board. that way if this project is sitting on a desk, the people on both sides of the desk have something fun to look at.

I used the Jersey Shore double sided designer paper to decorate both sides of the "centerpiece". On the first page I added a strip of brilliant blue wheeled with the Classic Stars jumbo wheel in versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I also used some double striped wild wasabi grosgrain ribbon, some punched stars and a chipboard star covered with bashful blue card stock and stamped with a star from the classic backgrounds set. I also punched some photo corners out of the designer paper and them with brilliant blue brads from the bold brights assortment. I stamped the "My Dad" title with Taffy alphabet.

The reverse side was even easier. Once again I used strips of the Jersey Shore double sided designer paper. Instead of the double stitched ribbon I used the pumpkin pie striped ribbon. I also punched some photo corners out of wild wasabi and pumpkin pie card stock and secured them with more brilliant blue brads. The "fun time" title is on this side is also stamped with the taffy alphabet.

At the class you will be able to use my stamps and wheels to customize the centerpiece in accordance with your needs and wishes by changing the titles and repositioning some of the page elements or adding new ones. Just think of how much fun you'll have creating your own masterpiece!

Tune in tomorrow for the other two projects we'll make in this class.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Those are super nice Diane!!
You're just busy as a bee aren't you!!

Anonymous said...

What great projects. They look great!