Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I just want to take this opportunity to wish you all happy Mother's Day. I hope you have a nice, relaxing Sunday with your loved ones.

This card is pretty straightforward and it was actually my swap card for my Stampy Nation team swap. I used the Live your Dream set for the main image with groovy guava, wild wasabi and close to cocoa classic inks on whisper white card stock.

I mounted the image on a piece of Afternoon Tea designer paper and added some double stitched wild wasabi ribbon. I added a close to cocoa mat and mounted it on a 4x5.25" piece or wild wasabi card stock. At the bottom I added an oval label holder from the aged copper Hodgepodge hardware assortment with the sentiment stamped in close to cocoa on whisper white using the everyday flexible phrases set.

Then I just mounted the wild wasabi card stock to the groovy guava base and the card was done. So quick and simple even those of us who procrastinate can get it finished tomorrow morning! :-)

2 comments:

Val said...

Wonderful card. Is there a trick to inking up this stamp? You've done such a wonderful job! Mine never seems to ink up as nicely...I always seem to get some green on the flower, lol.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!