Thursday, May 15, 2008

Celebrate Your Day

I do have more single layer cards to show you, but just for a little variety I thought today I'd upload a celebration card I stamped recently using the embrace life set. I used naturals white card stock and basic black ink, then colored the cherry blossom images with my old olive, regal rose and rose red stampin' write markers. To reduce some of the white space I sponged in a little tempting turquoise in between the flowers.

I mounted the stamped strip on a mat of rose red and old olive, then added some regal rose wide grosgrain and attached the whole thing to a tempting turquoise base. To finish the card I just added the sentiment from the Celebrate Everything set stamped in basic black.

5 comments:

Nikki Bond said...

This is gorgeous Diane! Love the bright card base you used...makes the main image pop! {SMILES}

Sandy in NH said...

LOVE THE REAL SIMPLICITY OF THE CARD! NO BLING OR SPARKLE AND WE CAN ALL HAVE AN OCCASION TO USE THIS TYPE OF CARD!

Crafty Connie said...

I love the color combo on this card. Very clean and simple.

ThreadCatcher said...

This caught my eye right away. Into my favorites it goes! jmniffer

Elizabeth said...

lovely stuff Diane! simple and sweet!

love it! see you tonight
L