Thursday, July 20, 2017

Scored Gingham Birthday

Today I wanted to make a card that satisfied two of SCSs challenges. One was a mixed media challenge that required us to use gingham in some form and the other was a Ways To Use It challenge to use scoring. I started out with an idea and then I made a mistake so, of course, instead of scrapping the idea and starting over, I improvised.

I'm not sure how I feel about the result. Not really what I wanted but I think it works as a simple masculine birthday card. I am happy with the corner scoring (using the small zigzag pattern on the Simply Scored borders scoring plate) although I wish it was a little more noticeable. Also, while I used gingham with regular ink and heat embossed the greeting using craft ink and clear embossing powder, thus technically meeting the bare minimum of the mixed media challenge requirement, I can't help wishing I had done more "mixing". The good news on that front is that I already have another idea, so hopefully I'll have time to make that one tomorrow.

Recipe:

Paper: whisper white, buckaroo blue, night of navy
Ink: night of navy, night of navy craft
Stamps: Grunge Rock, Gingham Stampin' Around wheel
Accessories: clear embossing powder, Stampin' Up! Scoring board and borders scoring plate

No comments: