Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Metallic Plaid Christmas

I enjoyed making my own plaid background so much yesterday, I decided to give it another go. This time I wanted to use my metallic markers and make a clean and simple Christmas card. I used very vanilla card stock for the plaid background, the card base and the sentiment, with a small piece of brushed gold card stock for the sentiment mat. I stamped the sentiment and snowflakes with versamark and heat embossed them with gold embossing powder. For the plaid background the thin silver and gold stripes are made with silver and gold metallic sharpies. The wider gold stripe was made with Stampin' Dazzle gold marker by drawing two thin lines and filling in the space in between. All the layers are popped upon dimensionals. The shape on the short ends of the sentiment very vanilla layer was created using the rounded tab punch.

Recipe:

Paper: Very Vanilla, Brushed Gold
Ink: Versamark, Gold and Silver Metallic Sharpie markers, Stampin' Dazzle gold marker
Stamps: Snowflakes, Greetings of the Season
Accessories: gold embossing powder, rounded tab punch, corner rounder punch

No comments: