Friday, July 28, 2017

Wonderful Farmyard

In today's Free For All challenge on Splitcoast, Shirley challenged us to use something on a card that could be found on old MCDonald's farm. I would have been stuck for ideas, had I not just re-discovered my wheels, including the Farmyard jumbo wheel.

With the wheel, all I had to so was color the images with my blendabilities markers and my sharpie water based white paint marker (for the sheep and the cloud highlights) and the card was practically done. I just added a strip of soft sky card stock embossed with the clouds embossing folder and a strip of marigold morning embossed with the cross-stitch pattern from the needlepoint assortment, plus two thin strips of old olive to set off the wheeled scene. I wasn't sure of how I would use this card so I used a versatile  "wishing you a wonderful day" sentiment from the Bring on the Cake set.

Since today's QKR Stampede challenge is "Down on the Farm or Anything Goes," I'm going to submit this card for that challenge as well.
Recipe:

Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Soft Sky, Marigold Morning
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, blendabilities markers in various colors
Stamps: Farmyard jumbo wheel, Bring on the Cake
Accessories: Needlepoint Embossing Folder, Clouds Embossing Folder

2 comments:

Dorothy S said...

Perfect choice for these challenges! The image is so cute - and I like the border, too. Thanks for joining us this week at the QKR Stampede challenge. Dorothy S, DT member

wannabcre8tive said...

Diane, your card is just adorable. I love this wheel and your card. I have recently started un-mounting my wheels (that I want to keep) so I can just use them like regular stamps. This Farmyard wheel is one that I am keeping and it is already un-mounted. Thank you, for joining us for the QKR Stampede challenge and for reminding what a great card this wheel makes.