Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Dragonfly Sympathy



I really liked yesterday's color combination challenge on SCS and I was inspired by justampin, who made a gorgeous sympathy card using these colors. I never would have thought to combine these colors for a somber occasion, but they do work well with the dragonfly image from the Measure of a Life set.

For this card I stamped the image and sentiment in versamark and heat embossed both with detail black embossing powder. I colored the dragonfly using daffodil delight, wild wasabi, pacific point inks and a blender pen. I then used daffodil delight ink and the rough texture jumbo wheel to add the background.I added the background to the daffodil delight mat with the very vintage jumbo wheel and daffodil delight ink.

Paper: whisper white, daffodil delight, wild wasabi, pacific point
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point, Versamark
Stamps: Measure of a Life, Close as a Memory, Rough Texture jumbo wheel, Very Vintage jumbo wheel
Accessories: Wide black organdy ribbon, detail black embossing powder, dazzling diamonds

No comments: