Saturday, July 15, 2017

Dreamcatcher Card Set

Today I was supposed to be cleaning up the stamp room, but since my new dreamcatcher set was still out as were most of the other elements I needed, I took a little time to put together this card set for my niece. She's the one who gave me the Boho patterned paper and she loves dreamcatchers just like I do, so I'm hopeful she'll like these too.

The cards were all pretty simple to make. The first one just involved stamping and matting, as did the second, though on that one I used the rock 'n roll technique to get the light sea foam color in the center of my stamped images with the darker purple on the edges.

On the third card I used a fun verigated floss to add a little interest.

The fourth card is probably the most elaborate, but still pretty straightforward. On that card I sponged some dry embossed card stock to use as a mat for both the dreamcatcher and the quote, which was printed on vellum that allows the sponged embossed pattern to peek through). I also sponged a strip of a used dryer sheet in lieu of ribbon and wrapped it with sparkly floss.

Recipe (not all products used on all cards):

Paper: whisper white, elegant eggplant, soft sky, purple from the paper company, Boho patterned paper stack from Recollections, 12x12" vellum quotes Fresh Verse(tm) from Deja Views
Ink: Color Splash Ombre from Recollections
Stamps: Color Splash from Recollections
Accessories: Misty Mountain Sew Easy fancy floss (verigated tertiary) and Grape Soda Sew Easy fancy floss (glitter secondary) from We R Memory Keepers; used dryer sheet, message frames framelit assortment by sizzix, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punch, small and large corner rounder punch, curly label punch (all punched Stampin' Up!), Stampin' Up! Apothecary Accents framelit assortment,  Tropical Paisley embossing folder from Sizzix

No comments: