Thursday, June 1, 2017

Throwback Thursday - Decorated Candle Jars

This project goes way back, so far back that if I hadn't taken pictures, I might have forgotten all about it. As it is, I have a vague recollection of the occasion I needed these for, but I won't mention it here just in case I'm wrong. They make super versatile gifts, though.

I started out with some pretty candle jars. (Sorry, I don't remember the brand or where I got them.} I really liked the shape and the ombré colors of the wax layers, but the best thing about the jars were the labels on the lids. That made it much easier to decorate them with my Stampin' Up! rub-ons. The white flowers looked so pretty against all the different colors of wax. To make the jars look even more festive, I added some white organza ribbon bows using mini glue dots to keep the ribbon in place.  
 
I also decorated the lids using a stamp from the Punch Bunch set and some scalloped circle and plain circle punches.
Here are all the jars in their decorated glory. So cute! Who wouldn't want to get one of these?
Recipe (all products Stampin' Up!):
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red, Old Olive, Lovely Lilac, Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Whisper White.
Ink (All markers): Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red, Old Olive, Lovely Lilac, Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, Rose Red, Regal Rose.
Accessories: Circle punches, scalloped circle punches, whisper white organza ribbon, Love & Happiness rub ons, Urban West rub ons.

No comments: