Monday, June 26, 2017

Log Cabin Season

I had so much fun making the last card for the free-for-all challenge, I decided to make another. This time, I combined it with last week's mixability challenge, which was to use kraft (or in my case, crumb cake) card stock.

I used an Inkadinakado log cabin stamp for my main image. I stamped it in chocolate chip craft ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I used the aqua painter and watercolor wonder crayon in handsome hunter to add color to the pines, the ruby red watercolor wonder crayon to add color to the window frames, porch and chimney, and the brocade blue crayon to color in the smoke. I like how the colors are subtle on craft card stock, but still noticeable. For the large areas of snow I used a sharpie water based paint marker and for the more detailed areas a signo white gel pen.

I dry embossed a 4"x4.25" piece of chocolate chip card stock with the snow burst embossing folder. This gave me a 1/4" margin along the sides of the image. I added a piece of designer series paper from the Christmas Cocoa pack at the bottom so that both the image and DSP together would measure 3.75" in height and I tied a piece of handsome hunter grosgrain ribbon along the seam.

I stamped the sentiment from the Snow Swirled set in chocolate chip craft ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I used the ticket corner punch to give the sentiment a little more interest. I also stamped the snowflake image form the Christmas Punch set in encore gold ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder before punching it out with the coordinating boho blossoms punch. I attached both sentiment and snowflake to the DSP strip with dimensionals and attached the image to the chocolate chip embossed card stock.

The card was almost done, but with a large strip of the crumb cake card base exposed at the bottom, it needed just a little bit more. I stamped the entire card front with the Linen background stamp in versamark ink. It gave me exactly the subtle bit of texture I was looking for. I attached the chocolate chip piece to the base and the card was done.

Recipe: all products Stampin' Up! unless otherwise indicated):

Paper: crumb cake, chocolate chip, Christmas cocoa DSP
Ink: chocolate chip craft, Encore gold, Versamark
Stamps: Snow Swirled, Christmas Punch, Linen, Log Cabin from Inkadinkado
Accessories: Watercolor Wonder Crayons in handsome hunter, brocade blue and ruby red, Aqua Painter; Signo White Gel Pen, Sharpie water based white paint marker; handsome hunter narrow grosgrain ribbon; Snow Burst embossing folder, clear embossing powder, ticket corner punch, boho blossoms punch.

No comments: