Monday, June 5, 2017

Graduation Owl


  
I stamped this card last year for a friend's son's junior high graduation. He loves birds, so I thought he'd get a kick out of a graduation owl. Cute, right?

Details:
1.  I stamped the owl image from Punch Bunch and then punched it out along with the black "gown," the beak and eye pieces using the owl punch.
2  I liked that the white edge around the punched owl image helped it stand out from the background, so I tried to match it on the fussy cutting on the cap.
3. The cap is form the Sock Monkey Accessories set. I stamped it with basic black ink on whisper white and then colored it in with a black marker.
4. I used the direct to stamp method on the sentiment from the Blue Ribbon set so that I could have the black cap with the kraft sentiment.

Recipe (all products Stampin' Up!):

Stamps: Blue Ribbon, Punch Bunch, Sock Monkey Accessories
Paper: Sahara Sand, Kraft, Whisper White, Basic Black Pumpkin, Pie
Ink: Basic Black, Kraft
Accessories: Owl Punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, designer label punch, black 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, natural twine, stylish stripes textured impressions embossing folder, dimensionals

(Note: I no longer have the card so I can't be positive about the colors. The recipe includes my best guess, but it may be that the base and the layer under the owl were kraft and the owl itself and the designer label were close to cocoa.) 

No comments: