Thursday, June 22, 2017

Throwback Thursday - Banner & Cupcake Birthday

I stamped this back in December 2014 for my niece's 11th birthday. She loved pink and teal, so I chose those colors for her card.

I started with the birthday banner from the Patterned Party set stamped in taken with teal ink on whisper white card stock.
I then used the direct to stamp technique with summer sun and taken with teal markers and stamped the "1" candle from the same set twice directly onto the same whisper white layer. I stamped the cupcake top from the Cupcake Party set onto pretty in pink card stock with regal rose ink and punched it out with the cupcake punch. I stamped the bottom of the cupcake from the same set in taken with teal ink on whisper white card stock and punched that out with the cupcake punch.

I added a surface for the cupcake to "sit" on by punching a strip of pretty in pink card stock with the eyelet border punch. I then stamped another sentiment from the Sweet Little Sentiments set below it in taken with teal. I assembled the main layer and it was almost ready but I didn't like how the cupcake frosting hid the "feet" of the number candles, so I stamped them again, fussy cut the bottoms and glued them to the frosting. In retrospect I probably should have just fussy cut the entire two numbers. Not sure why I didn't. Most likely I was running short on time.

I added a taken with teal and regal rose mats and attached everything to a pretty in pink base. Looking at it now, I wish I had taken a little more time to line up the candles and bottom sentiment a little better, but my niece didn't much care. In fact, I think maybe she liked the reminder that adults didn't always do everything perfectly :).

Recipe (all products Stampin' Up!)

Paper: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Taken with Teal
Ink: Taken with Teal, Regal Rose, Summer Sun
Stamps: Patterned Party, Cupcake Party, Sweet Little Sentiments
Accessories: Cupcake Punch, Eyelet Border Punch


No comments: