Monday, January 14, 2008

Woo Hoo -- New Stamps are Here!

What's better than spending 5 wonderful days in sunny California with my demonstrator friends? Why coming back home just to receive a package full of new stamps, of course! Just look at all these wonderful stamps. But do you want to know the best part? They were all free! That's right, these babies did not cost me anything. Just one of the cool things about being a Stampin' Up! demo.

The Sweet celebrations set was the set we received at Leadership. I got the other four sets and the punch with the $100 in free products I received for promoting to Senior Supervisor. It was hard waiting until January to submit that bonus order, but I'm so glad for once I was able to exercise some self restraint!

I wasn't able to stamp a lot today because I needed to trim and mount all the sets and also because my hubby took a vacation day to spend with me. How nice was that? I guess he missed not having me around last week! Anyway, we slept in, had a nice leisurely breakfast, saw a movie and just hung around. It was a great day, but stamping had to take a back seat.

I did manage to stamp this simple card with my new Fruit Stand set. I totally fell in love with this set when I first saw it in the Spring Summer Collection and had to have it right away. This was the first image I stamped. I used the basic gray ink pad on naturals ivory card stock. I then used the aqua painter and bravo burgundy, mellow moss and always artichoke ink to watercolor the image. I used the direct to paper technique to color the edges of the naturals ivory card stock and added a bravo burgundy and so saffron mats. I cut a piece of mellow moss card stock to 4x5.25", added an always artichoke strip and a bit of bravo burgundy wide grosgrain ribbon. Finally, I attached the main image to the front and then attached everything to an always artichoke base.

I didn't add a sentiment, because the card doesn't really need it. However, I left some room on the front just in case I wanted to add a sentiment later.

1 comment:

michelle sturgeon said...

I can't believe you haven't inked these babies up yet! I wanna come over and play with your new stamps!