Monday, January 21, 2008

it's so transparent

Yes, you guessed it. Tonight I'm featuring yet another card from my clearly delightful acetate techniques class. This one turned out well, but was a bit difficult to photograph. When I put the gray background behind it the acetate reflected the camera flash. Without the background you cuoldn't see the stamped images. So I'm posting both bad photos in the hopes that you can see beyond the photograph and imagine how cute this card looks in person.

The card is really very simple, using my favorite baroque motifs set. It's been more than six months since I first purchased this set and I still love it just as much as I did in the beginning. It's just so darned versatile!

This card featured the acetate base technique so, obviously, I started with a 5.5x5.8" piece of acetate and folded it in half. This is where a bone folder really comes in handy because you want a nice tight crease at the fold line.

I stamped the swirl image twice on the back of the card. After the acetate dried I layered the groovy guava and whisper white squares over the back of the base. For the front, I stamped the flower image in groovy guava on whisper white and trimmed it out with my craft and rubber scissors. I colored in the center with my apricot appeal stampin' write marker. I punched the little holes with my 1/16" handheld punch and added a flower punched with the new boho flowers punch to the center. I finished this off with a brad and used a dimensional to mount it to a really rust scalloped circle.

I stamped the Happy Anniversary sentiment on the apricot appeal card stock and mounted the flower on the outside of the front of the card and the sentiment on the inside of the front of the card. To finish off the card I stamped the little flower image from Baroque Motifs on the outside of the card with white stayzon ink.

This was the first card I ever made using this technique and I really like it! I can't wait to try it out again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, Diane, as usual. I've done one with Heartfelt Thanks, but I think I might try yours instead for my camp project. I love the Baroque Motifs set, as well. TFS

Stampin_Melissa said...

This is really lovely, what a great set to use with this technique.

Diane said...

That is so cool!!! Love it!!