Thursday, January 17, 2008

Another index card

I know, I know. I keep saying I'm going to stamp and then other obligations get in the way. It seems like lately I've been spending all my free time answering e-mail. I've also been finishin up my instructions for the One Sheet Wonder Class, which I want to mail to all those interested by early next week at the latest. The original goal was to get it all done by tomorrow, but I really underestimated how long it would take me to do the cutting templates for the solid card stock so that the patterns would be easy to replicate with other designer paper and colors. It's quite ironic that the 12x12 template, which is the basis for the whole class, was the easiest one to develop! In any case, if you're waiting for an e-mail from me it is coming and the class materials will be mailed out soon, I promise!

As for the stamped project today, it's another index card. This one for a super cute little set called A Little Birthday Cheer. I think this set is just a classic and should reside in every stamp room. What I really like about it, though, is that it's actually quite possible to put together a decent card using all of the phrases from the set (and no stamps from any other set) on one card front.

Since this is an index card, I didn't want to use any other images from any other set. And I was worried that the card would really look like, well, an index. But then I saw that all the phrases kind of flowed. I really can see myself saying to a friend "Happy birthday, make a wish, celebrate you . . . and you thought I forgot!"

To dress up the card a bit I made a candle out of scrap pieces of card stock. I cut the flame out of barely banana card stock by hand. And I can;tthink of a beter example why it's a good idea to never throw anythig awya, including those long strips of card stock that are only 1/4" wide. Sure came in handy for the candle stripes here!

By the way, just in case it's not clear from the photo, the card base is basic gray, the other card stock colors are pretty in pink, purely pomegranate and barely banana and the ink is basic black.

No comments: