Monday, January 7, 2008

I thought you all might be getting just a little tired of all the One Sheet Wonder posts, so tonight I actually stamped another project for your viewing pleasure. This is a very simple card using the Happy Heart Day set. What I like about it is that for once I pretty much stayed away from all the pinks and reds. The hearts on the butterfly and in the flower centers are pink, but everything else is more neutral, which is a nice change.

I used lavender lace card stock for the base and bashful blue and apricot appeal for the mats. I stamped the butterfly and flower images on whisper white card stock in basic black ink and colored them in with my Stampin' Pastels. I also used basic black ink to stamp the happy heart day sentiment on bashful blue ink and punched it out with my word window punch.

Yes, I could have made this a lot more intricate. In fact, even as I'm looking at this photo I'm thinking of where I could have added tabs and brads and other accessories. I'm glad I didn't add all those things, though, because sometimes a card like this is really all you need. Plus it's easy to mail without having to use extra postage. Woo Hoo!

No comments: