Monday, November 3, 2008

Seasonal Flurries

I love winter and I love snow! I know most people do not share my enthusiasm for cold weather, but I get positively giddy every time there's even a chance of a snow storm. I know it can be a pain to drive in and shovel, but to me there's nothing more beautiful than the world covered in a fresh dusting of snow!

Of course, as luck would have it, it's November and 70 degrees in Chicago. It was great for the kids on Halloween, but not so great for winter lovers like me. So since nature won't give me any snow, I decided to make my own!

For this card I started with a naturals white base and added a baja breeze mat stamped with the mid sized snowflake from the Snow Swirled set in baja breeze ink. I added a square layer of riding hood red card stock stamped with the small snowflake and sentiment from the snow swirled set in whisper white craft ink. Next I added a piece of riding hood red patterns designer paper adorned with a cheater bow made out of striped baja breeze grosgrain ribbon. Finally I layered three sizes of felt flurries in whisper white, baja breeze and riding hood red, threaded all three onto a clear rhinestone brad from the pretties kit and attached the snowflake to the card front using a dimensional.

So there's another easy Christmas card that took no time to put together. I think the felt flurries are a particularly nice accent, especially with the clear rhinestone brad in the center. If you haven't purchased the felt flurries yet, what are you waiting for? These are too much fun to play with -- you have to get your own pack!

And on a more serious note, tomorrow is election day. This is not the right forum to get into the politics of this election, so without going into details and preferences I would just like to encourage everyone to vote. Too many Americans take their democratic rights for granted and do not take their citizenship responsibilities seriously enough. Just because voting is not mandatory does not mean that it's right for voters to stay at home. With all the problems in the US and the world right now, we owe it to ourselves to do more than sit on the sidelines -- we have to actively participate in resolving these problems, and the first step is to exercise our right to choose our government representatives. So head on out tomorrow and vote! Thanks!

No comments: