Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Number 22

Here's another card you can make with the I wish simply scrappin' kit and 1/2 a sheet of kraft card stock for the base. It looks easy, but actually it does require a little more work than the other ones because this card really uses the scraps of the scraps. See the loop on top of the hanging "ornament" and the red frame around the square sentiment? Those are the outlines that are left on your adhesive die cuts sheets after you use the die cuts. They're still adhesive and pretty, so I just took my scissors and put the outside out by hand (the inside is die cut). I love cutting stuff out, so I didn't mind a little hand-trimming for this cute lacy scalloped border effect.

The rest of the card is just the die cuts and designer paper on the kraft card base. Super easy! And if you don't want to cut out the border you can always trip a piece of the red textured card stock from the kit to make a mat for the sentiment.

See this post for my make-a-stack by mail kit of 20 cards made from 1/2 of the I wish simply scrappin' kit and 1 sheet of the Old Saint Nick rub-ons.

No comments: