Monday, November 17, 2008

CD Folder Scrapbook

Lately a lot of stampers have been making scrapbooks out of CD folders. In fact, a CD folder scrapbook was one of the projects presented at this year's Stampin' Up! Convention by a top SU demonstrator. And I had a chance to work on a version of the CD scrapbook at our Stampers in Stitches November demo meeting.

Of course, as neat as the scrapbook sample at the meeting was, I couldn't just leave things there, so I decided to make my own version. My version uses just one CD folder and instead of tabs and mini envelopes inside, it uses CD envelopes as inner pockets/pages to maximize large spaces within the book.

This is the first two pages you see when you open my book. I decorated the CD envelope with designer paper, but I cut out a circle with my coluzzle template to correspond with the clear window in the CD envelope, so that it's possible to see through the window the photo on the front of the page that slips into the pocket. The back of the slip-in page can also be decorated, though the back side can only be seen then the page is pulled out of the pocket.

In this photo I pulled out the pink pirouette page that is slipped into the CD envelope so that you can see a little better what I meant above, just in case it wasn't clear.

This is the last CD envelope page. All in all, counting the front and reverse side of the slip-in page as well as the back of the CD envelope, there are 11 surfaces to decorate. Four of them are 5x5", the pull out ages are 4.75x4.5" and the back pocket pull out is 3.5x4.5".

In this sample book I included some photo mats, but these are merely there to show what potential layouts might look like. The nice thing about the size of this mini scrapbook is that it can actually accommodate a wide variety of sizes of photos or other memorabilia.
So now that you've seen the scrapbook, maybe you'd like to make on of your own? If so, you're in luck. Now through December 15 I will be selling these CD folder mini scrapbook kits. You can either get one in the color scheme shown above (using the Parisian Summer designer paper as well as card stock in so saffron, bravo burgundy, pink pirouette and sahara sand) or you can request a color scheme that corresponds with another current designer paper. I will accomodate requests on a first come - first reserve basis, so if you have your heart set on a specific designer paper place your order sooner rather than later.
Each kit will include the card stock, designer paper, CD folder, CD envelopes and ribbon as well as instructions needed to create the mini scrapbook. All the pieces will be pre-cut and, where required, pre-punched and pre-scored. The only thing not included in the kit is adhesive (I recommend using sticky strip and SNAIL). The cost of the kit will be $10.00 for 1, $18.00 for 2, $24 for 3 or $7.00 each for 4 or more kits. Shipping will be an additional $4.80 for 1-4 kits and 9.60 for 5 or more kits shipped to the same address.
To place an order for the CD Folder mini scrapbook kit, just contact me at stampwithdiane@comcast.net. These mini scrapbooks make a great gift, too, so get one for yourself and for everyone on your Christmas list!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Very very nice Diane!!! Great colors!



btw I accidentally deleted my old blog so I am now at www.pixietoo.blogspot.com