Thursday, December 6, 2007

Stocking stuffer

Here's a fun and useful little stocking stuffer. I took an old Altoids tin, added a stamped image on top from the Big on Christmas set, and covered the side with strip of designer paper. Because the rim of the lid was red I didn't have to cover that up at all. .


Inside I just used a little bit of the dashing designer paper to cover the bottom and to make a pocket in the lid, with a bit of red grosgrain ribbon added to create e nifty place to store safety pins. Then all I had to do was take a sewing kit that I picked up at a dollar store and transfer the contents into the tin. And now we have a stylish sewing kit that can be thrown into a purse and is ready for all those sewing emergencies. Cute, huh?

4 comments:

Susan said...

Diane~ How Cute!!! Thanks for sharing! Susan

tyrymom29 said...

very cute !!!!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Great idea!

Diane said...

I tell you...you amaze me with the wonderful ideas you have!That's a
great idea!!Very cute too!