Thursday, December 20, 2007

Jen's gift bag revisited

Hi everyone -- yet another day when I have nothing new to show you -- this Christmas thing is really interfering with my stamping -- LOL!


But I don't want to leave you without a post, so I will use this opportunity to answer the many questions I received about Jen's bag, which you can see here.

I believe Jen used on 12x12 sheet of the new Ginger Blossom designer paper (available January 2 in the new Spring/Summer Collection Catalog) and the instructions posted here to make the bag itself. She then added handles made with double stitched river rock grosgrain ribbon. the attached the handles by punching 2 holes on each side of the bag, threading a piece of ribbon through each set of holes and securing them on the inside by tying knots.

For the image on the front Jen used an image and sentiment from the new Embrace Life set (again, available January 2 in the new Spring/Summer Collection Catalog) stamped in Ruby Red on very vanilla card stock. The edges of the very vanilla piece were sponged with cameo coral and adhered to river rock and cameo coral mats.
This bag is really super cute and the best part is that the reverse side of the paper is still visible on the inside, plus the origami folds combined with the heavyweight nature of Stampin' Up!'s designer paper make it quite a sturdy bag as well. I hope this helps those of you who asked for instructions! And cross your fingers that I'll actually get to make something new tomorrow.

No comments: