Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Fun with new stamps!

Christmas is barely over and here I go, moving on to Valentine's Day! Actually normally it does take me a little while longer to leave winter behind, but I just got this fun Happy Heart Day stamp set from the upcoming Spring/Summer Collection and I just had to use it! I really like this whole set, which is a part of a really cool Valentine's Day bundle special, available in January. The cost of the bundle will be $33.40 and it will include the new Happy Heart Day 7 piece stamp set, a roll of wide real red ribbon, a pack of medium cello bags and a roll of regal rose wide grosgrain ribbon. The regular price of all these products would be $41.35, so by purchasing the bundle you actually get the regal rose wide grosgrain ribbon free!

Anyway, for this card I used pretty in pink card stock for the base and wheeled it with the Love wheel in regal rose ink. I stamped the butterfly and flower images in basic black ink on whisper white card stock and colored them using stampin' write markers in basic black, regal rose, real red and pretty in pink. I added a regal rose mat and a larger real red mat. Issued the double rectangle punch to punch 6 holes on the left side of the real red mat and threaded a piece of regal rose wide grosgrain ribbon through the holes for a bit of decoration. A fun card that came together in a jiffy.

This card and several other projects will be a part of a Happy Heart Day January class. I'm not sure of the timing yet, but I will announce the full January class schedule in the next few days.

2 comments:

Vivian Swain said...

Very nice card and I love the way you put the ribbon on. TFS.

Vivian Swain

Diane said...

I Heart this Heart card Diane!!That ribbon is so cool the way you put it on there!!