Sunday, December 9, 2007

Simple joy

Today I stamped quite a few of the bunny Christmas cards, but since you already saw that design I also decided to create another card with my Perfect Presentation set. I think Stampin' Up! was pretty smart to offer a hostess set that was specifically geared towards Christmas -- I really got a lot of use out of this stamp set from the moment I got it!

For this card I chose a wild wasabi base and stamped it with the snowflake stamp inked up in wild wasabi ink. I chose real red and certainly celery as my complimentary colors. I stamped the tree and the sentiment in wild wasabi on whisper white card stock and mated both with certainly celery card stock. I added a couple of corner punches in real red and a real red strip across the card front. To finish the card I used the signo gel pen and certainly celery stampin' write marker to add some faux stitching.

It's a very simple card, easy to stamp and mass produce, which is exactly what is needed in a Christmas Card in the middle of December!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Nice Diane,I like it alot,Love the layout and that set is one of my
favorites!TFS!

Nancy Riley said...

Cute cute card! Love the colors and the white get pen stitching!

Jules said...

Very cute! Great color combo!