Saturday, February 9, 2008

Basic Marker Techniques 101

This morning I held my Basic Marker techniques 101 class. We made four cards using 4 different marker techniques. With a lot of stampers taking advantage of my stamp club this month, I thought it would be a good idea to show them different way they can use their new markers! Next month I will do another marker techniques class in which we wil learn some more advanced techniques.

Since I actually put together instructions for this class, I decided all stamp club members will get the electronic version of the instructions, so even if you could not attend the class and get the hands-on experience and finished projects, you will still have a writen techniques reference.

If you'd like to take advantage of the marker club and get a free sale-a-bration product of your choice in addition to the standard marker club goodies, you must contact me at stampwithdiane@comcast.net by February 17. You can read more about the marker club here or e-mail me with any questions.

As for this card, it features the most basic marker technique -- coloring with markers. Also, it's a little hard to see in the photo, but the card also features the smackin' acetate technique for the background on the whisper white card stock. I used certainly celery and bashful blue for the smackin' acetate technique and I found out quickly that these colors make a very light backgroud that is super difficult to photograph. Sorry!

Anyway, here is the card recipe:

Card Stock: bashful blue, pretty in pink, certainly celery, whisper white
Ink: basic gray classic ink pad, bashful blue, pretty in pink, certainly celery, almost amethyst stampin’ write markers
Stamps: Simply Said
Accessories: Almost Amethyst prints designer paper, narrow pretty in pink grosgrain ribbon, ticket corner punch, dimensionals.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Very pretty Diane,love all the soft colors!!!