Saturday, November 24, 2007

Peppermint Yum!


This is a basket full of York peppermint patties covered with various stamped images punched with the 1 1/4 inch circle punch and layered onto 1 3/8" punched circles and scalloped circles. I believe Cambria Turnbow was the first person to come up with this awesome way to dress up the peppermint patties. She also has a great tutorial on how to make a little basket for four patties here. She's a total genius!

I love Cambria's little baskets, but for this craft fair I thought it would be better to just have the patties available for sale individually. My mom and I managed to make 200 of these last week and we didn't eat a single one -- how's that for self control?

I know my posts have been brief lately. that's because I'm actually in Michigan visiting my best friend. I'll be back in my craft room tomorrow, though, working on more craft fair merchandise. I think tomorrow I'll be decorating candle jars. Fun!

4 comments:

Diane said...

Oh Diane!!!You are one patient lady...those covered patties are awesome,don't know if i'd have the
patience to do all that. But they
look awesome. Hope you had fun visiting your best friend and I can't wait to see what you come out with next...Oohhh candles!!!

Diane said...

Now...you gave me a craving for those peppermint patties...yummy!!!
LOL!!

Anonymous said...

I love these. I am going to make some for work as tokens of appreciation. I do have a question, who makes the snowman head stamp?

Thanks,
Janislu

Diane said...

Hi Janislu -- the snowman face was stamped with the Cold Play set from Stampin' Up! on whisper white card stock and then punched out using the 1 1/4" circle punch.

You can find the Cold Play set by following this link: http://catalogs.shoplocal.com/stampinup/index.aspx?pagename=listpage&searchtype=keyword&fsid=8b4b1350-973a-495f-836d-ef8db3364bce&pagenumber=1&sortby=1&circularid=10999&storeid=1038724&keyword=cold+play&keywordsearch=1