Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Birthday, Tom!

Although most of my stamped projects lately have been for the upcoming craft show, I did take a time out to stamp one special card -- a birthday card for my BIL, Tom. As the card indicates, he's celebrating his 49th birthday this year. Woo Hoo!

The Wanted set wasn't the most appropriate set for my BIL, but it was masculine, which was the request of my DH. And let me tell you, Bill is very hard to please in that department. He vetoes more than 1/2 of the cards that I would consider "masculine". This card, however, got he OK.

I do like the way the card turned out and hopefully Tom will overlook the "theme" and focus on the "handmade with love" part of the card.

Stamps: Wanted, Short Order Numbers (I love using this set to personalize birthday cards!)

Ink: close to cocoa, chocolate chip, creamy caramel

Paper: Naturals ivory, chocolate chip, Outlaw double sided designer series paper (get it now while it's on special!)

Accessories: star punch, stamping sponge, copper brads (from the retired vintage brad collection).

2 comments:

Diane said...

I like it alot Diane I'm sure Tom will love it, if he doesn't he's very picky,lol. Those stars with the bling are really cool!!

Lorie said...

I, too, think this is a great card! I'm sure he'll appreciate the effort you put out to make this card! :o)