Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Hangin' out with Rudy

Today was another day spent getting ready for the craft show. Once again my mom came over to help and boy, were we in a zone! We made almost 200 covered peppermint patties. And they're soooo cute! I'll show you, I promise, but it will have to wait for another day because tonight is all about Rudolph.

I know I didn't mention it here on the blog, but when I made my wreath last weekend I was super excited because when I showed it to Bill and he asked (as he alwasy does) "did you make that up?" I could finally say that yes, I did make that up. And tonight I was able to do it again with this cute little raindeer! Woo hoo!

Rudolph is made using the Stampin' Up! large and small oval punches, the 1/2" circle punch plus the oval coluzzle mat. I drew the template for the antlers by myself and the nose is a red pom-pon (thgough another red 1/2" punch would work just as well). The only ink I used was in the signo white gel pen and the basic black marker I used to draw his face. Isn't he adorable?

Of course, the best part about Rudolph is what's he's hiding. Yup, that's right, Rudolph is a chocolate bar sleeve. I just love him and I would love to see this guy in my stocking. I'm hoping that the craft fair customers will agree.

5 comments:

tyrymom29 said...

wow Love it !!! I agree with you I would also love to see him in My stocking !!!!

Holly Young said...

this is just so cute and clever!

Anonymous said...

How adorable - I'm going to have to archive this one, too, for next year! TFS, Diane.
Sue

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Oh, my! This is just way too cute! I may have to case him.

Diane said...

How sweet is that!!! Great stocking stuffer for sure!!!
Wonderful idea Diane!!!
I rec'd my Hugs & Wishes set today,woohoo,Thankyou!!!!!
So i'm sending you Hugs here...
did you feel it,lol!!! Your card is gorgeous as well,thanks!!!!