Monday, November 19, 2007

let it snow

In a couple of weeks I'll be participating in a craft fair and as of this moment I have very few things that I could sell, so guess what I'll be doing from now until then? That's right -- I'm building up my inventory, starting with these stamped glass ornaments. These are so much fun to make! Just cut a piece of acetate to the size of your ornament, stamp with stayzon, color with permanent markers, like sharpies, insert into the ornament after carefully removing the cap and fill with fake snow. They're cute hanging off the tree and even more fun to hold in hand and shake!

I decorated the top of mine with wide red organdy ribbon which, sadly retired last year. Normally I don't like to use retired stuff, but in this case the ribbon was perfect.

Also, because these ornaments are both round and flat -- I know that doesn't make sense, so I took a picture from a side so you could see what I meant) it was actually possible to stamp the snowflakes on the glass with white stayz-on ink, making the snow look even more three-dimensional.

Oh, and I almost forgot, before I inserted the stamped image into the ornament, I colored the snowman with a white wax pencil. I think it is normally used to mark china or something like that, but it worked perfectly for this application.

3 comments:

Diane said...

That's really cute Diane!!!What a great job!!!

tyrymom29 said...

WOW ...LOVE these !!!

Anonymous said...

How cute, Diane! I just saved this article in my Web Archives for next year - unless I just happen to be somewhere where I can buy the ornaments! ;-D TFS your incredible projects.