Monday, October 15, 2007

teacher, teacher

Another day, another pastels technique. Today

the technique is chalkboarding. This is a great technique to use when you want to create really bright images on black or dark card stock. I find that this technique works best with pastel colors that are bright and, preferably, bold (although they do not necessarily need to belong to the bold brights family).
On this card I used the images from Serene Sunflower, Aida background and Sincere Salutations sentiment. I used craft white, classic basic black and classic summer sun inks. The card stock is basic black, green galore and summer sun. The only accessories are sponge daubers and stampin' pastels.
So have you noticed a trend? I'm quite deliberately designing simpler cards that are perfect for a workshop or a class. No muss, no fuss -- just straight stamping and technique. (Well, OK, adding the background stamp to this card was a little fussy, and maybe unnecessary, but with the last couple of cards being textured free I just needed to add this little something.)
So what do you think? Are you enjoying the pastels samples so far? I sure hope so. There'll be another technique tomorrow! Wonder which one?

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I love your chalkboard technique. I taught poppin pastels last week at stamp club so a few customers ordered the chalks so I would like to show them some more techniques to use their new purchases with. thank you

tyrymom29 said...

I love this technique ..Great job!!TFS!!

Diane said...

Gorgeous as usual Diane!! It's a neat technique!!

Lisa Carroll said...

I'm sorry I haven't had time for commenting lately, but I just have to tell you, I've been following all of your Stampin' Pastel cards and I am LOVIN' them! You know me - never afriad to pull out those pastels! I think this card (and itstechnique) is my favorite. So vivid and gorgeous! :) TFS

Jules said...

I really love this card!!! I've been watching the past week to see how you were going to try to top the great cards you made last time for this tech class...I must say you are doing very very well your cards look great!!!