Sunday, October 14, 2007

Somewhere over the rainbow

Wow, Ladies, I am so impressed with the explanations everyone came up for the vignette in yesterday's card. You were actually more inventive than I was and I think I like your stories better! My "story" was that the witch was going to use the little froggie as an ingredient in her concoction, but he got the best of her! But based on all your answers I think I'm going to add a little caveat, that he's smiling because he's hoping that by drinking this new brew he'll turn into a prince!

As of right now five of you left a comment plus Susan, who e-mailed me her guess, so I decided to change the rules. And I can do that, because it's my blog - Ha Ha. I decided you will all get a copy of the Halloween card, as long as you e-mail me your snail mail address that is. (Susan, I have yours, so you're good to go). So please just drop me an e-mail with your info and I will get the cards out Tuesday! And thanks for playing!

So now for today's card. This is the card we'll be making at the pastels class for the rainbow background pastels technique. This technique is great when you want to create a multicolored background but do not have a spectrum pad or a brayer.

I used Year After Year for the elephant image and Fun and Fast Notes for the sentiment. The colors of the card stock are bashful blue, certainly celery, perfect plum and whisper white. The ink is basic gray and the only accessory is the stampin' pastels plus some sponge daubers (though cotton balls would do nicely as well).

Well, I've shown you 4 class samples so far and there are 4 more to go. Which technique will be featured tomorrow? Be sure to come back to find out!

2 comments:

tyrymom29 said...

I Love the way you used the pastel in multicolor background It really looks Awsome!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Diane said...

Lovely card Diane!! I'll have to try that technique...it looks awesome!!TFS!!